Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Adoration

Here we are, a couple days after arriving back from World Youth Day and the time has come to look back and reflect on such an awesome trip.
We were only in Madrid for a week, but the World Youth Day experience is one that will undoubtedly change the course of young and old lives from all around the world.  I have heard so many people tell me great stories of how this pilgrimage has changed their lives. Each story is so different but keep finding a common thread, we are one Holy, Catholic and Apostolic church! A universal church that is full of love and life.
For myself, I had, as they call it, an ah-ha moment when we were on a church tour in Madrid. We had traveled to many churches and were about to wrap things up when we walked past a church that none of the group members  had remembered seeing. We went ahead and found our way inside. To our hearts delight, we walked straight into adoration.
As I sat there in adoration, listening to a beautiful choir, I realized that it is a beautiful gift we were given. I had of course known this before but at that moment, I saw Him in the faces of everyone visiting that church. He was truly present in everyone from every nationality.
World Youth Day has and will continue to form and shape the lives of so many. As we all enter back into our daily lives, I ask for your prays that WE ALL dive deeper into our beautiful faith and learn to know, love, and serve God.

No comments:

Post a Comment